Tuesday, February 7, 2012

2012 = The Year of Paint and Travel


I never make New Year's Resolutions... I break them all before the 15th of the month... but as we are already getting WELL into February, I made a mental note that I want to TRAVEL to as many places as possible in 2012. I even made a list... but as I started writing down lists upon lists of things I want to accomplish IN THE YEAR OF THE DRAGON... the thoughts kept flowing from my pen to the paper... Here we go.

* Go to Spain, Italy, France, South Africa, Australia, Maui, and Thailand because you always wanted to.

* Before you status update, Tweet, Tumble or Instagram, pause and say to yourself, “is it entirely necessary that I share this morsel of thought with my entire social network?”and if the answer is not, “yes, I absolutely must,” then step away from the Internet.

* Know which candidate I'm going to vote for in the upcoming presidential election, and know why.

* Find a way to save approximately 300 dollars and spend it on a flight to see a friend or family member who lives far away.

* DO stop liking the Kardashians, all of them. It’s not helping anyone, least of all the Kardashians.

* Spend less than or equal to the money you earn each month.

* Call someone on the phone at least once a week, and speak to him or her for at least ten minutes.

* Try that food you think you don’t like but have never actually tried, unless it’s brussels sprouts. They really don’t need any more attention.

* Cut one person out of my life who I truly do not like and add one person who I truly do. Note: not on Facebook, on Earth.

* Tell someone who I love that I love them on a more regular basis.

* Back up my entire online life (particularly my painting images) onto an external hard drive.

* In the eternal words of Tom Haverford, “TREAT YO SELF!” time for an iPhone and new computer to update my website!!!
www.karlinmeehan.squarespace.com

* AND MOST IMPORTANTLY, PAINT!!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Karlin! Best post EVER. I love this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this is terrific!!!! You should print it out and remind yourself of it daily!!!!!! CHECK LIST!!!!!!!! such a good list.
    xoxox

    ReplyDelete