Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Pumpkin Art!!!

Maybe I have been in denial; or maybe it's been the 90 degree heat wave that has hit Southern California this week. But even with the Pumpkin Spice Latte back on the menu at Starbucks, it still doesn't feel like fall.

Well, all of that changed today. Yes, its October and with Halloween two weeks away, I now have PUMPKIN on the brain.

Pumpkin patches bring about a certain nostalgia I have for my childhood. The tradition of going and picking out the perfect pumpkin for Halloween was such an event in my house. I haven't carved a pumpkin in years (all I remember is about half way through cleaning out my gooey Jack-O-Lantern I am so turned off by the inside texture, I remember why this event happens only once a year.. The SEEDS GET EVERYWHERE!!!!)... But this year I think I'll bring the tradition back. It makes fall feel more official. I was looking at images for inspiration, and here are the highlights!

Cannibal Pumpkin

Drunk Pumpkin
Dwight Schrute :)
Disney's Famous Nightmare Before Christmas

Crazy Pumpkin (hysterical)

This has to be my favorite, so much personality in this face

Burger Pumpkin (this took me a second to realize what it was)

Will you be making a Jack-O-Lantern this year?!!

No comments:

Post a Comment