Thursday, April 29, 2010

Kara Darling, A Napkin Painting for You.....



My childhood friend Kara Kanen came to me one day with a funny request. She had just moved into a new condo with lots of empty walls and needed some artwork..... Apparently her Mother had always kept a stack of colorful, geographic napkins in their guest restroom and Kara explained to me, "this seems so stupid... but the design of these napkins make me really nostalgic for my childhood"...

I looked at the dozen or so paper towels that she handed me and knew right away that this was the perfect art project. To this day the finished painting hangs at the top of the stairs in her house. I am so happy with the results... and I know Kara is too!

3 comments:

  1. Karlin - A blog for your artwork is such a great idea! I'm already a follower... I know your paintings + hilarious and cheerful anecdotes will brighten my day whenever you post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. meehan!!!! your blog is amazing! keep it coming woman!!! so proud of you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. meehan!!!! your blog is amazing!!!!woooohoooo...the napkin painting made the blog! i feel so honored to have one of your many masterpieces hanging in my home! keep that ab fab work coming!!! so proud of you!

    ReplyDelete