Monday, January 5, 2015

2015! Here. We. Go.

I never make New Year's Resolutions... but this year I'm turning 30!?! As my Facebook newsfeed has slowly morphed from college party pics to wedding and baby photos... I guess I'm not the 18 year old I think I am. And since I have the ability to work remotely for my job, I've made a mental note that I want to TRAVEL to as many places as possible in 2015. I even made a list... but as I started writing down lists upon lists of things I want to accomplish...the thoughts kept flowing from my pen to the paper and I wanted to share... Here we go:
 
* Go to Spain, France, South Africa, Australia, and Thailand because you always wanted to.
 
* Before you status update, Tweet, Tumble or Instagram, pause and say to yourself, “is it entirely necessary that I share this morsel of thought with my entire social network?” and if the answer is not, “yes, I absolutely must,” then step away from the Internet.
 
 * Find a way to save approximately 300 dollars and spend it on a flight to see a friend or family member who lives far away (Barto I'm coming for ya).

* Drink More water, because sipping coffee all day can not be good for me.
 
 * Call someone on the phone at least once a week, and speak to him or her for at least ten minutes.
 
* Try a food that I don’t like but have never actually tried, unless it’s beef cheek (sorry Colton - no way)
 
* Tell someone who I love that I love them on a more regular basis.
 
* Back up my entire online life (particularly my painting images) onto an external hard drive.
 
 * Do something I love everyday - painting, being with my friends and family, running with my dog... and cross it out on a calendar... then connect the X's.
 
 *Fail more often, because if I'm not failing, I'm not taking chances.
 
*Set more goals. The sky is the limit
 
2014 was awesome, so 2015 lets make it a good one!  
 

1 comment:

  1. Awesome Resolutions! Good luck on getting it all done. I have one request though, please post all the travel pics on social media because I will need them to live vicariously through your travels.

    ReplyDelete