Wednesday, March 21, 2012

JENNIFER SANCHEZ


Artist Jennifer Sanchez has a beautiful way of making simple shapes and colors seem complex. I was drawn to her work when I came across it a few months ago, because she mixes her free-hand style of painting with very precise geometric shapes. Her work is original and simple; yet that’s what I love most about it. Sanchez currently lives in New York and has more recently been a part of the gallery scene. When describing her paintings she has said, " I use geometric patterns, improvised marks and vivid color to depict a state of flux. Opaque and transparent shapes mingle to create ambiguous spaces. Clashing colors create new harmonies that vibrate. I approach each painting with general ideas in mind, but I never know where they may lead. All preliminary marks, little catastrophes and drips are visible to show the experimentation and thought that goes into it. Through the marks made, I invite the viewer to see the process of painting".

I can relate to Sanchez's creative approach to making a painting, that you start off with an idea of an image, and it never exactly turns out the way you planned... her experimentation, and willingness to allow her viewers to see her creative process is refreshing and truthful... I would love to order a few dozen of her prints for my wall! They are BEAUTIFUL.

No comments:

Post a Comment