Monday, September 19, 2011

Here's Whats Happening (September 2011)

Lately I've been busy doing a lot of little projects. I guess a "perk" about being a painter is that I'm always being approached by people with art problems, such as what kind of art should they be filling their homes with. It's intimidating to know exactly what one should want. I get it. I too can never make up my mind as to how to decorate my own space and commit to an image to look at forever (my roommate can attest to the fact that our apartment still looks like we are just moving in after a year and a half together). But to me the answer is simple: if you love the way an image makes you feel, buy it.

So, the latest commission I was given was by Amanda Carver. She moved into her own apartment this past winter and let me tell you, I loved it!! HELLO JONATHAN ADLER!!!! Grey walls, modern furniture, and a cool "beach theme" throughout. I was happy to come over to her place and decide what we were going to put over her desk in her living room. With so much pattern going on, I suggested that she needed a "feminine" painting to contrast with the rest of her space. So of course we went with a floral design (what girl doesn't love that?)... Her home was already filled with brown, grey, light blue, and green, so I thought purple, white and a little orange-pink would balance the rest out. I'm already off to a good start :)

Pics below!!



Picture of Amanda's living room (love the white desk and wall color)
Begining of flower painting (09/17/2011)


Picture of final painting to come! I'm excited to see how it will turn out :)

No comments:

Post a Comment