Thursday, July 8, 2010

Lego Time!!!!!

Good Lord do I love LEGOS! Nothing reminds me more of my childhood ..... I spent hours trying to create small buildings and battleships from these plastic cubes...... I wasn't very good, and to be honest, my final products never turned out to resemble the awesome LEGO structure on the box... so of course I'm in awe of these famous artworks that are recreated using this childhood toy as the medium.

These images were cracking me up.... they are so humorous and witty at the same time.

Edward Hopper’s “Nighthawks” (Marco Pece)


Leonardo Da Vinci’s “Last Supper” (Marco Pece)


Vincent Van Gogh’s “Starry Night” (Nathan Sawaya)


Leonardo Da Vinci’s “Mona Lisa” (Marco Pece)


Grant Wood’s “American Gothic” (Marco Pece)


M.C. Escher’s “Relativity” (Andrew Lipson)


Auguste Rodin’s “Thinker” (Andrew Lipson)

1 comment:

  1. Lego toys are so fun to play. Look at the pictures above that was being portrayed by Lego toys. It copies the image so beautiful. I love to display it in my room.

    ReplyDelete