Sunday, November 14, 2010

Phases of Conception

I'm a firm believer that bigger.. really is better. For some reason, all of my larger paintings really don't take that long for me to execute. In fact for my latest art show, I at the last minute, decided to add a larger piece (in this case a 48" x 48").. and gave myself 24 hours to see how far I could get.

This painting is a part of my 3-D series that I'm displaying at The Happening Gallery in Marina del Rey on December 12th. Each piece is specal because when they are viewed through paper 3-D glasses, the imagery comes alive. These works where a process of painting, scrubbing, and layering some more,,, and then I finished them off with a clear varnish which really makes each color "pop".. I've posted the process of the larger piece below. I may add a bit of color to it, however at this point I decided to stop and take a break. There's so much going on, my eyes began to cross!





No comments:

Post a Comment